Terms and Conditions:
"Products” means the goods sold by safetyglassesonline.com.au you wish to purchase
"Order” means an offer to buy from safetyglassesonline.com.au, either verbally or in writing according to the Terms and Conditions
"Contract” means the contract incorporating the Terms and Conditions between you and safetyglassesonline.com.au for the sale and purchase of Products.
"Site” means the safetyglassesonline.com.au website with the URL www. safetyglassesonline.com.au
2. Customer obligations
On placing your order you undertake:
- that you are aged 18 or over and are not registered blind or registered partially sighted.
- that the written prescription for your spectacles is less than 2 years old.
- to supply full, accurate and complete details of your prescription, or a copy of your prescription if necessary, and any contact details as given to you by your optician
- that you know of no reason why the Products may not be suitable for your requirements and you have ensured that a safety risk assessment deems the product is suitable for the task for which it will be applied.
- that if you have worn spectacles before and have experienced any problems with the spectacles, to provide us with details of such problems
- that you are the authorised holder of any credit/debit card you may use on the Site or have full authorisation to use a company card or account.
3. Conditions of supply
- no liability to fulfil any Order received, until it has accepted the Order. Acceptance of the Order, communicated to you by email shall form the Contract.
- Safetyglassesonline.com.au will make every effort to ensure all Orders are fulfilled, however we cannot guarantee the availability of Products. If the Products you order are unavailable, safetyglassesonline.com.au will contact you to give you a choice to receive a suitable alternative or refund. If safetyglassesonline.com.au cannot contact you within 14 working days we will cancel the Order and provide a refund.
- Safetyglassesonline.com.au reserves the right not to accept an Order.
- it may be considered necessary for safetyglassesonline.com.au to contact the registered medical practitioner or registered optometrist who provided your prescription to discuss your prescription.
- in some circumstances we may request that you send the original written prescription. (or a copy thereof)
- safetyglassesonline.com.au may request that you obtain a new written prescription.
- safetyglassesonline.com.au has the right to refuse acceptance of an order where such lenses have a spherical value of more than +/-6.00 dioptres, a cylindrical value of more than +/-5.00 dioptres. In order to produce the most appropriate and acceptable product we may suggest an alternative thinner or lighter lens of a different material or form. Any increased cost will be clearly communicated.
- we also reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any prescriptions or selected extras which would be inappropriate and which may render the Product unsuitable or unsafe for its intended use.
- in cases where safetyglassesonline.com.au is asked to recommend Products to meet your requirements, safetyglassesonline.com.au does not warrant that purchase of the Products will entirely satisfy your requirements. All recommendations of the Products by safetysglassesonline.com.au are given in good faith and based on information supplied by you. Safetyglassesonline.com.au cannot be held responsible if the Products supplied fail to meet your requirements particularly if we have not been made aware of full circumstances of its use.
- safetyglassesonline.com.au will use its reasonable endeavours to deliver the Products within any delivery time specified, but any times quoted for delivery are estimates given in good faith only, and time shall not be the essence of any Contract, and failure to comply with such specific time shall not constitute a breach of the Contract.
- unless otherwise agreed in writing safetyglassesonline.com.au shall be entitled to make partial deliveries by instalments, and the Terms and Conditions shall apply to each partial delivery.
- unless you inform safetyglassesonline.com.au of any damage or short delivery of the Products specified in the Order by e-mail or in writing within 14 working days of delivery, the delivery will be deemed accepted by you.
5. Prices & Payment
- the price payable by you for the Products shall be the price stated on the Site at the time your order is placed.
- prices stated are in Australian Dollars and include GST
- the postage, packaging and delivery charges for all purchases are provided during the ordering process
- payment for the goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order.
- payment shall be due before the delivery date and time for payment shall be a fundamental term of this agreement, breach of which shall entitle safetyspecs.co.uk to terminate the contract immediately. (with the exception of accounts where we have agreed credit facilities with you).
- there will be no delivery until cleared funds are received (with the exception of accounts where we have agreed credit facilities with you).
- on receipt of the Products you must inspect them carefully. If any of the Products do not match the description or appear to be damaged or missing, do not use the Products or any items accompanying the Products and please contact us by email and inform us of the problem.
- you must inform safetyglassesonline.com.au immediately if there are any defects in the Products which are apparent through inspection or use of the Products or if you experience any difficulty in using the Products.
- if the wearer experiences any visual difficulty having blurred, double or uncomfortable vision, the Product should not be attempted to be worn in a hazardous environment where the visual symptoms themselves may pose a safety risk or hazard. Occasionally spectacle wearers will feel that different spectacles ‘feel’ different. It is advised that adaptation of 30-60 minutes is allowed to be established before embarking on a task that could be dangerous to the wearer. In the event that adaptation does not take place return the Product to us describing your symptoms fully.
- we may occasionally require that any unusual symptoms be reported back to the Medical Practitioner or Optometrist who provided the prescription.
- Safetyglassesonline.com.au may require copies of prescriptions in the event of a visual difficulty with any safety spectacles supplied so that our Optometrist can investigate any causes.
- if the Products are defective on delivery, safetyglassesonline.com.au shall at its absolute discretion repair or replace the Products or give a refund. You agree to return the defective Products to safetyglassesonline.com.au in the same condition as when received by you, including all items and packaging accompanying the Products.
- you will be liable for the costs of posting, packing and delivery until the returned Products are received by safetyglassesonline.com.au. Subject to 6.5 - safetyglassesonline.com.au may at its discretion refund any reasonable costs of postage, packing and delivery (i.e. registered post).
- the safe return of the Products shall be the responsibility of the customer. Proof of postage must be provided in the instance of missing returns.
7. Returns & Refunds
- in the event that a product isn't proven to be defective in either the prescription provided or in the components supplied and the product is just deemed not suitable in the way that it fits or in looks or comfort, then a replacement product will be offered as an alternative in the first instance. Any difference in the cost of such an alternative product over the original price paid will be due from the customer.
- in an instance where a refund is insisted upon for circumstances other that a defective product then costs of bespoke items such as prescription lenses which have been made to specifications provided or any item returned that is unsuitable to be restocked due to any sign of wear/use will be deducted from any refund due.
8. Force Majeure
safetyglassesonline.com.au shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions in the event that the manufacture, supply or delivery of the Products is prevented or delayed by any act or circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to natural disasters, Acts of God, riots, civil commotion, strikes, shortage of supplies, lock-outs, industrial action, war, flood, drought, failure of power supply, disease or fire.
9. Governing Law
The interpretation and application of the Contract shall be in accordance with Australian Law.